What Our Patients are Saying:
“Terrific Staff! Friendly, cheerful, professional, effificient & always willing to work around our crazy schedule to get my boys in for appointments. Thank You!!!” EC Setser
“Dr. Garrett and his staff are super nice and friendly. They make you feel completely comfortable. I would highly recommend them to anybody considering orthodontic treatment!” Nicholas Ploth
“Great place! Wonderful, friendly, thoughtful staff! Professor rules the place. My 9 year old feels like she’s at home.” Miki Metts
Madison Wedding / Treatment Coordinator
Madison, our treatment coordinator is passionate about people, welcoming new patients, giving them a taste of our orthodontic office and finding a treatment that caters best to their goals and financial needs.
Madison obtained her bachelor’s degree from the University of Kentucky and went on to work at White, Greer and Maggard Orthodontics as their marketing coordinator before joining our practice.
Madison’s husband is currently completing his residency in orthodontics at the Medical University of South Carolina. Madison loves exploring Charleston with her husband, dining out at different restaurants and hanging out at beaches.
- If your life were a movie, who would portray you? Rose Byrne
- Favorite Food: Sushi, Watermelon & Chocolate
- Favorite Song: Don’t Stop Believin’ – Journey
- Hobby: Baking, reading & exercising
- Favorite book: Harry Potter series, Hunger Games & My Sister’s Keeper
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Any beach!
- Nickname: Madi
- Favorite TV Show: Homeland
- First Job: My family’s tanning salon
- Favorite Websites: Pinterest
- Where were you born? Kentucky
- Sports Team: Kentucky Wildcats #BBN
Nina Gilbert / Office Coordinator
It was in 1978 when Nina got her first taste of orthodontics where she was hired on as a receptionist. 30 years later, Nina is still in the ortho club, rocking it out more than ever. Nina is like the Fairy God Mother of Garrett Smiles Orthodontics. She has the answers to all patients’ accounts, bills, and anything pertaining to appointments. Nina always has a smile on her face and greets everyone with her warm hello’s, welcoming everyone to our orthodontics family.
- If your life were a movie, who would portray you? Elizabeth Taylor
- Favorite Quote: “Let him have all your worries and cares for he is always thinking about you and watching everything that concerns you!” – 1 Peter 5:7
- Favorite Food: French Fries
- Favorite Song: Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
- Favorite Movie: Pretty Woman
- Hobby: Cleaning my house
- Favorite Book: Holy Bible
- Favorite Author: JD Robb, Catherine Coulther, David Baldulci
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Pawleys Island, South Carolina
- Nickname: Nina Beth
- Favorite TV show: The Nanny
- Random Facts About Nina: Plays the piano, has horses and dogs, listens to books on CD, oldest of five
- First Job: Putting frozen food for Piggly Wiggly
- Favorite Websites: Realtor.com, Fox News.com, Pinterest.Com
- Birthplace: Kingstree, South Carolina
Jennifer Price / Orthodontic Assistant
Jennifer has been in the orthodontics profession for more than 16 years, as a chair side orthodontics assistant. Jennifer is also an x-ray certified assistant who is a great addition to the Garrett Orthodontic’s clinical team.
In her spare time, Jennifer enjoys spending time with her children, making crafts and jewelry.
- If your life were a movie, who would portray you? Gina Gershon
- Favorite Quote: “It is nice to be important, but more important to be nice,” – John Templeton
- Favorite Song: Anything Kid Rock
- Favorite Movie: The Notebook and The Hangover
- Nickname: Jen
- Favorite TV Show: Big Bang Theory
- Favorite Websites: Any shopping sites
- Birthplace: Greenwood, SC
Tiffany Hemmingway / Orthodontic Assistant
Tiffany attended dental assisting school with a desire to build friendship and trust in all of her patients. After graduating in 2006, Tiffany hopped on the orthodontist train and has been on the ride ever since.
Tiffany is a skilled orthodontist assistant with extensive clinical knowledge and attention to details. When Tiffany is not with patients, Tiffany can be found in the lab, with her lab glasses and gloves, making wonderfully fitting retainers for our patients.
Tiffany enjoys spending time with friends, family and her dog, Rudy. Like most Charlestonians, beach sessions are an integral part of her weekends.
- If your life were a movie, who would portray you? Jennifer Lawrence
- Favorite Quote: “Someday everything will make perfect sense. So for now, laugh at the confusion, smile through the tears, and keep reminding yourself that everything happens for a reason.” – unknown
- Favorite Song: God Bless the Broken Road, Rascall Flatts
- Favorite Food: Sushi
- Hobby: Crafting
- Favorite Orthodontic Phrase: Kobiyashi
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Anywhere in the mountains
- Nickname: Tiff/Tiffy
- Favorite TV Show: The Walking Dead
- Random Fact About You: I enjoy sewing
- 3 Favorite Websites: Facebook, Pinterest & YouTube
- Birthplace: Charleston, SC
Amy Hall / Orthodontic Assistant
Amy began her orthodontics journey in 1993 as a front desk receptionist and moved on to be an orthodontic assistant the year after. She also has experience as a Treatment Coordinator. Amy is a skilled orthodontic assistant who also works in our clinical lab: pouring up impressions and making retainers.
Amy’s favorite restaurants is Page’s Okra Grill in Coleman Boulevard, Mt. Pleasant.
- If your life were a movie, who would portray you? Jennifer Lawrence
- Favorite Food: Seafood / Italian
- Favorite Orthodontic Phrase: Kyobioshi
- Favorite Movie: Sweet Home Alabama
- Hobbies: Reading and Gaming
- Favorite Book: Acheron
- Favorite Vacation Spots: Middleton Inn and Middleton Place
- Favorite TV Shows: Once Upon A Time and Game of Thrones
- Favorite Websites: Facebook and Amazon
- First Job: Sales at Belk
- Birthplace: North Carolina
Ashley Collins / Orthodontic Assistant
Ashley is a licensed practical nurse who has recently joined our team. Ashley specializes in providing sterilization for our equipments, uses our iTero machine to scan patients for their Invisalign trays, and also takes photos and x-ray for patients.
Ashley enjoys listening to music and dining out. Her favorite restaurants in Charleston are Macintosh and Poe’s Tavern.
- If your life were a movie, who would portray you? Natalie Portman
- Favorite Food: Mexican Food
- Favorite Song: Stir It Up by Bob Marley and D’Yer Maker by Led Zeppelin
- Favorite Movie: Caddyshack
- Hobbies: Offshore Fishing and Going to Sporting Events
- Favorite Book: The Art of War
- Favorite Vacation Spot: Savannah, Georgia and Key West
- Favorite TV Show: River Monsters, AHS and House of Cards
- Random Fact About You: Huge UGA Fan
- First Job: Receptionist for my parents’ company
- Birthplace: Lawrenceville, Georgia
Professor / Office Mascot
The beagle, also known as Professor Charles Darwin is Dr. Justin Garrett’s sidekick. Professor is an advocate of never ending naps, and anything edible. Professor is the poster child/dog of never say never. If you need a lesson on being persistent, or working hard for what you want, come hang with Professor. Professor is really all the Ted Talk you need. He will show you what it takes, to get that extra bite.
The beagle has a way of working his charm from your plate, into his stomach without having to bark a word. Professor is very talented and skilled in many areas, such as singing, snuggling, hanging his head out the car window, rolling, giving high five’s, and being ridiculously handsome.
The beagle celebrated his 9th birthday in November, 2013. He was very appreciative of the three fried chicken strips he had for his birthday celebration.
Professor says, “Till the next treat.. we’re on lazy times.”